Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Testimony Time

As I arrived here at YWAM last Monday, among the nerves and excitement of this new chapter in my life, I felt a strong sense of joy. It was hard not to, every person I passed on campus was smiling and everyone I conversed with jovial. I thought on this atmosphere of joy for some time before I found the reason behind its existence. This answer became clear to me during a time of sharing for the students and staff involved in my Training School. We all had to share our testimony. During this time the realization came upon me why so much joy was present in this place. In every testimony was an individual story of God's redeeming love. The atmosphere of joy was formed by a focus on God. When a group of people get together to learn, experience and know God there cannot help but be an ever present joy. And so I have come to the conclusion that the most efficient way to connect with someone and form immediate friendships is to have the common joy of sharing in the redeeming love of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment